Thursday 23 January 2014

Sweltering heat.

It's been stinking hot here in Brissie this past week. The sort of hot, humid weather where you sweat at the least exertion. Needless to say I am keeping exertion to a minimum. Housework can wait! Salads are the order of the day, and it's best practice to stay indoors and definately out of the sun. Yesterday I  had to go for a fine needle biopsy on two lumps I found in my neck. I will not get the results until next week, so I am staying positive and taking comfort in my faith, trusting that, come what may, I have a God that will never leave me. In light of this I was thinking my one little word for 2014 is trust. It's a little word that encompasses so much, and for me it means to not get ahead of myself with the what if's and what should be's, but to know I am exactly in the place I should be. Trusting that God is always at his work, and He won't leave me where I am.
I'm also trusting my creative instinct. As I have never painted in all my 50 something years, picking up a paintbrush 3 months ago was indeed scarey. But I'm loving where it's taking me also, and I know it's
a journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment